The Polish International Studies Association
The Faculty of International and Political Studies at the Jagiellonian University
The Institute of Political Science and International Relations at the Jagiellonian University
invite you to participate in the:
7th CONVENTION OF
THE POLISH INTERNATIONAL STUDIES ASSOCIATION
Think globally, Act Regionally:
Regional Systems in the Perspective of International Studies
Kraków, November 9-10, 2017
The aim of the 7th Convention of the Polish International Studies Association is to analyze the role of regional studies (also known as area studies) in the study of international relations. The Convention aims at providing an interdisciplinary analysis (characteristic for area studies) of regionalism and regional systems in international studies.
Thematic scope of the Convention: Regional/area studies (understood in a broad context):
- African studies;
- American studies (studies of North America and Latin America);
- Asian studies (Middle East and East Asia);
- European Studies (including studies of Central and Eastern Europe);
- Post-Soviet area studies.
The above classification of regional studies and regional systems is not exhaustive.
Proposed research topics:
- Analysis of the origins of regionalism in international relations (security and economic dimensions);
- Criteria for distinguishing and constructing regions;
- Regions in terms of space and places;
- Concepts of regionality and regionness, and state and regional identity;
- Regionalism in foreign policies of selected states;
- Institutionalization of regional processes;
- Analysis of regionalism in systemic categories: state, regional system, international system;
- Regionalism and international order;
- Regional economic integration;
- Regional systems – security complexes;
- Maritime regionalism;
- Comparative analysis of regional systems;
- The European Union – A diagnosis of the state of integration;
- Regionalism and theories of international relations.
Call for Papers is opened until September 20, 2017, Paper proposals can be submitted via the online application form: PAPER SUBMISSION, 7th PISA Convention. Paper proposals may be submitted in Polish or English.
When submitting a paper, please select the appropriate panel (list provided in the application form).
Papers submitted without indication of a specific panel will be combined into panels depending on the issue addressed.
In case of any questions, please contact us at +48 607 242 245 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment of the conference fee in the amount of PLN 600 / EUR 140 no later than 25 September 2017 is a condition for participation in the Conference. The reduced fee of PLN 400 is reserved for applicants who are members of the Polish International Studies Association (PISA), who have paid their membership fee for 2017, and who are not in arrears from 2016.
PhD students are entitled to a reduced fee of PLN 300 / EUR 70 (PLN 200 for PhD students who are PISA members), while the conference fee for undergraduate and graduate students is PLN 200 / EUR 45 (PLN 100 for students who are PISA members).
The conference fee covers the costs of the catering, conference materials and peer-reviewed post-conference book. Conference participants are to make their own travel and accommodation arrangements.
Bank account holder: Polish International Studies Association,
Adress of the account owner: Al. Wojska Polskiego 9, 01-524 Warsaw, Poland
Name of the bank: Millenium Bank S.A.
Bank account number: 37 1160 2202 0000 0001 6154 2677
Annotation: “Convention 2017”
The Convention will take place on November 9th and 10th, 2017, in Kraków. The working languages of the conference are Polish and English.
The Convention will begin with a plenary session, followed by thematic panels. As such, we invite you to submit paper proposals for the thematic panels (application form).
Convention Program Board
Professor Edward Haliżak
Professor Andrzej Mania
Professor Zdzisław Mach
Professor Teresa Łoś-Nowak
Professor Marek Pietraś
Professor Elżbieta Stadtmüller
Dr. Radosław Bania, Professor, University of Lodz
Dr. Artur Gruszczak, Professor, Jagiellonian University
Dr. Robert Kłosowicz, Professor, Jagiellonian University
Dr. Paweł Laidler, Professor, Jagiellonian University
Dr. Rafał Ożarowski, Professor, University of Gdansk
Dr. Agata Ziętek, Professor, Maria Curie-Skłodowska University
Dr. Jakub Zajączkowski
Convention Organizational Committee
Professor Andrzej Mania – Chairman
Dr. Piotr Bajor
Dr. Marcin Grabowski
Dr. Karina Jędrzejowska
Dr. Joanna Mormul
Dr. Tomasz Pugacewicz